11 November 2014

No you won't steal my loot!

Pod Pilot Report: Agatir Solenth

Greetings my fellow pod pilots and blog readers!!!

Not having a lot of game time has limited what I can do in game.  SO... I decided to try out some of the recent changes to exploration.  I fitted up the Sisters of EvE frigate, the Astero, and set out through High, Low, and W-space.


I have to applaud CCP.  The changes to the spawn rates and loot drops have made this aspect of the game a lot more enjoyable.  You can easily come across combat, data, and relic sites.  Yeah it takes a few jumps... but they are much more common than they used to be.  I'd almost like to say that they are so common, that it seemed that if I passed through one system, and then returned 30-45 minutes later, a site would appear.

Now in w-space, people have theorized that if a site is run that a new site will appear in the same constellation to replace it.  This will cause you to find empty wormholes with a ton of sites in them (and often leaves active wormholes empty for weeks).  If CCP has used a similar spawn mechanic for k-space exploration sites that would mean an explorer would only need to run laps in a constellation for an endless supply of sites to run.  I'll have to test this theory, and get back to you.  If it works... I might be able to confirm that wormhole spawn theory.

As I ran my route, I scanned down all the Cosmic Signatures I could find.  I'd even poked my head into the wormholes, that I would find.  I was even able to cash in on one of the null-sec data sites that now spawn in C-1/2/3 wormholes!  I have to admit exploration made scanning fun again.  Each new signature, was a miniature lottery... (Jackpot!!! a relic, data, or combat site!)


The only downside are the cut throat thieves, and wanna-be gankers.  I had one guy jump into a site, and bum rush into the next room trying to steal the faction spawn.  As I landed, I watched as the lone faction officer exploded and turned into a wreck filled with loot.  I cursed my luck, until I noticed that he had pulled the aggro from the entire room, and was burning away from the wreck!  So, I did what any other fun loving explorer would do if someone that tried to rob him.  I burned over and took the loot out of his wreck and warped out to a safe, and cloaked up for 15 minutes.

 

It was well worth picking up a Dark Blood Energized Adpative Nano Membrane. 

I also had a guy, in a Heron, try to bait me into attacking him in data site in low sec.  Funny how a Heron sits next to a cargo container, but he never attempts to hack it.  Then he slow boats across the site, before warping off.  Did I mention he had four corp mates in local?  Easy decision to move on to the next set of sites.

Until next time...

Be Bold...

No comments:

Post a Comment