22 June 2013

Industrial Pinata

Pod Pilot Report: Agatir Solenth - 13.6.21

Greetings my fellow pod pilots and blog readers!!!

Things have been a bit quiet in the W-Space, but that has given us some time to look for openings into Null Sec for a little bit of hit & run shenanigans.  You never know what you can run into.

The fun of a wormhole connections into Null Sec is that the inhabitants often won't know that we are there.  Null Sec'ers get comfortable having local (so they can see who is in system) with their intel channels (so they can pass the word of hostiles in the area).  This often leads certain pilots to become complacent as they conduct logistics (moving items) down a pipe line of systems.  So when we get a wormhole in, we can often set up a camp that no one is aware of.

However, this story doesn't begin that way...



As I logged in several alliance members were already scanning down our wormhole chain.  One Class 5 (C5) had several connections to Null and Low Sec.  As one of my fellow corp-members Pantuf landed upon a Null Sec exit he spotted a Orca jumping out!  Unfortunately he wasn't close enough to immediately follow, and the Orca was able to get away before a point could be established.  Luckily Pantuf thought that the Orca pilot may not have seen him.


I quickly traded ships to get into my Heretic and headed his way.  We theorized that they may be using the C5 as means to do some logistics.  I jumped into the K-RMI5 Null Sec system, and began orbiting the wormhole, while Pantuf (with an additional alt-character) remind behind as eyes.  We crossed our fingers and waited.

Not soon after Pantuf announced on comms, "Machariel on D-Scan!"  I replied, "We're gonna need more DPS!"  The possibility of a Machariel killmail was more than enough to get more pilots in route to us.  The Marchariel pilot landed on the wormhole.  I immediately bubbled up the opposite side, as he jumped to me.  It was my interdictor vs the pirate faction battleship.  I hoped my alliance mates would soon to arrive.  Pantuf jumped his combat toon over to assist with the tackle, keeping the other on the farside of the wormhole just in case the Marchariel decided to jump back to W-space.  The Marchariel held cloak and then made a mad dash for the edge of my warp disruption bubble.  I locked him and began plinking away at his shields with my rockets.  Pantuf applied a single point of disruption and webbed the Machariel.  Needless to say that battleship sure moved fast.  I had to stop orbit and burn in his direction to try and stay on top of him.  As he reached the edge of my first bubble, I dropped a second one (double bubble setup for the win!)...  However the Machariel was still moving at a very good rate of speed and was soon out of the second bubble.  I spammed the F-1 key to get my interdiction sphere launcher to fire again.  To no avail... the Machariel slipped out of the bubble, and warped away... even with one point of disruption being applied by Pantuf.


The damn thing must of been warp core stabalized!  To add insult to injury we could not follow him through the gate as he fled, as we both were under the effects of an aggression timer.  As more alliance members arrived, we attempted to give chase, but the pilot had smartly safe'd up in the next system.

Oh well... Some times ya win... Some times ya don't!

 Most of the folks made their way back to our home system of Beer Keg (BK - as it is affectionately known).  However, I wasn't gonna just leave the area, there had to be some targets available to shoot at.  Looking at the stats in Dotlan I noticed some NPC kills down in 8-SPNN, so I headed out in that direction.

As I moved through the systems, I ended up chasing an Anathema.  I really didn't have a chance of catching him, I just hoped he didn't alert anyone in the local intel channels.  I finally arrived in 8-SPNN to find a handful of neutrals in local.  The initial D-Scan showed a Bestower on scan, but so was a small tower.  I re-approached the gate, and waited... and waited... and waited.  As I waited another neutral entered local, and dropped a warp disruption probe.

BINGO!!! An Iteron Mark IV lands at the edge of my bubble.  I burn out to him, drop another warp disruption probe to keep him from pulling a 180 and warping off, and lock him up to begin barraging him with rockets.  Which resulted in this Pinata.  I'm guessing the lazy Iteron pilot didn't feel the need to keep an eye on the local intel channels.


His dying words before being podded, 
"Well F@&k you."


Until next time,


Be Bold...

No comments:

Post a Comment