14 February 2012


Greetings my fellow pod pilots, & blog readers!!!

     It has been awhile since I’ve written, and I feel I need to at least update the two or three people that check the blog on a daily basis.  Well actually I need to stop being lazy and get to posting more often.  The lack of RL commitments have actually allowed me some time to log into the game & catch up on some podcasts.

     Let’s start with my game time.  With the latest patches & expansion we have seen the addition to T2 modules, enhancements to assault frigates, and time dilation.  My skill queue has targeted those skills needed to use the newly added T2 modules.  Leadership skills were already maxed (minus the mining crap), and it was only a short run (20 days I think) to Graviton Physics V.  My absence from the game made that a bit less painful!  So now I can use all T2 warfare links & my HICs can fit the new T2 Warp Disruption Field Generator.  However the 37 days needed to get Tactical Weapon Reconfiguration V to use T2 Siege & Triage modules is gonna be “the suck!”  I’ll forego those for now, and finish up the rest of the shield skills to V.  That will take 49 days. (minus Capital Shield Emissions.)  I just haven’t had a need or reason to max out my carrier/capital skills.  Hopefully one day I’ll get into fights were those will be necessary.


     So with the additional mid slot (2 total) I loaded up my Retribution with a bit of tackle and headed out to low-sec to test it out.  It was promptly blown up two jumps in.  Who would of expected something like a rapier, arazu, interceptor, and megathron (I think it might have been a Vindi) sitting on the other side of the gate?  SO it was point, web, & pop for me!  Instead of losing more isk on Tranquility, I decided to load up Sisi and try my luck there.  I’ve been enjoying the quick pickup fights on the test server.  I have even decided to mess around with some other exotic fits. (such as a heavy neut Curse, that sucks cap out to 74km range)  I figure why not just mess around with ships ya don’t mind losing on Sisi.  They are only 100 isk per ship after all.  I like the changes to the Retribution (+1 mid slot).  It needed the extra slot so you could add a disruptor or scram.  The Vengeance is a ship I haven’t flown before, but now that I have Rockets V, I think I may give it a try as well.  It appears o be a tough little nut.


      I haven’t gotten into any fights that have required time dilation (TiDi).  However from the reports that I have read, it appears it is working.  Larger fights are beginning to happen.  Good job, CCP Team Gridlock!!!

     Now that I’ve been getting an itch to play and go pew pew again, I am back to the realization that I need to find another corp and/or alliance to join.  Let’s be honest EvE’s end game requires cooperation.  There just isn’t enough opportunity to get into good 1v1 fights.  You need to work with a team to really get the most out of EvE.  It is a MMO after all… which is a good thing.  So does anyone know of a corp looking for a player with 82mil SP Amarr-centric but quickly moving into Amarr/Winmatar combo character?  Other highlights: All Leadership skills V (minus mining), Scanning skills V (I love my cloaky/scan Legion), Logi V, and I like to fly Interdictors & Heavy Interdictors too.  Send me an EvEmail!  I’m looking for corp that has a direction or goal they are working for, that must include some pvp, but need not be the focus.

     And finally podcasts…  I’ve been trying to catch up on some of EvE’s podcasts.  Now I must admit I don’t listen to all of them, but those I do tend to be the more common ones.  Is it me, or is trash talking becoming the norm?  It appears if you don’t have the time to develop any content or formulate a thoughtful opinion just sit around a microphone and bad mouth the game or the play style of other players.  I guess I shouldn’t be throwing any stones…  as I’m just sitting here typing out my own opinions as well.  I’m such a hypocrite!
     Maybe I just got spoiled flying and chatting with hosts of the Planet Risk Show, QP and Luminus.  Their fun loving self-abasing sense of humor was less spiteful.  They understood EvE is a game.  Or maybe it is because I believe you should respect the people you play against?  I don’t understand the need for a player’s or a person’s need to crush the spirit of another. 
     I get it…. EvE is a dark and harsh game.  Part of the game is to go out destroy what others have worked hard for.  In essence, the other players are what you attempt to conquer, and that players become the villains for doing so.  However EvE is a game.  The point of any game is to have fun playing against another person.  What does it say about a player whose idea of fun is to be cruel?  In this game you should go out and blow things up, but ya don’t need to attack the player for playing the game.  Now it appears that smack talk in local isn’t enough for some, now they need to record their insults as podcasts.

Long story short…  I’ve removed a few podcasts from my list of things to listen to.



Until next time,
Be Bold…

2 comments:

  1. What podcast are you talking about? Only one that comes to mind that is making a habit of bashing others content is the 2 newest episodes of Voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voices, AMP, and Notalot continually rips on EvE News 24... tho FrFrmPukin has toned down a lot. (which is good thing) The hypocrite in me agrees with Jason's anti-Goon stance tho! :D

    It seems as many shout outs that go out... there are as many flames. I don't mind the dangerous environment of EvE... it is the hostile one that has been bother'n me.

    ReplyDelete